Wondering about the definition of single supplement? Keep reading to learn the meaning of single supplement, see some examples, and get a better understanding of this travel glossary term!
What is a Single Supplement?
A single supplement is an additional charge added to a solo traveler, when prices were originally quoted for dual occupancy. It is usually tacked on to anything that includes a room, such as cruise packages or vacation packages.
More on Single Supplements
When looking at prices, check to see if there is a phrase such as “based on double occupancy,” to help you avoid the single supplement. The price for one person for the same package may be considerably higher, to offset the cost of only one person utilizing a room, instead of two.
- Check-In – Glossary Definition
- Late Checkout – Glossary Definition
- Actual Time of Arrival (ATA) – Glossary Definition
- Business Travel – Glossary Definition
- Baggage Allowance – Glossary Definition
- À La Carte – Glossary Definition
- Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) – Glossary Definition
Click below to return to the travel glossary for more travel words and phrases and their definitions.