Wondering about the definition of purser? Keep reading to learn the meaning of purser, see some examples, and get a better understanding of this travel glossary term!
What is a Purser?
A purser is a job title on lengthy forms of transportation, mostly cruise ships and flights. Though they use the same title, a ship purser and a flight purser have quite different duties and responsibilities.
More on Pursers
On a flight, the purser is head of the cabin crew, responsible for overseeing the flight attendants and making sure travelers are content and taken care of. The purser keeps detailed reports as a log, and also ensures that in-flight service and refreshments are served in a timely fashion.
On a cruise ship, the purser ensures that all ship attendants are taking care of the guests, and may help passengers fill out any necessary customs forms, though most cruise attendants help with that.
- Choosing the Best Airline Alliance: Which Should I Join?
- 15+ Terms to Augment Your Airline & Airport Acumen
- Baggage Allowance – Glossary Definition
- What Do Pilot Stripes Mean on an Airline Flight Crew Uniform?
- What is the Best Day to Buy Flight Tickets?
Click below to return to the travel glossary for more travel words and phrases and their definitions.