Wondering about the definition of occupancy? Keep reading to learn the meaning of occupancy, see some examples, and get a better understanding of this travel glossary term!
What is Occupancy?
In the hotel, or hospitality, industry, occupancy is a measure of how many rooms are occupied over a certain amount of time.
More on Occupancy
There are two common ways to calculate occupancy (which you can click on to go to a more thorough definition):
- 35 Fun Hotel Facts: Interesting Facts About Hotels Around the World
- How to Check in Early at Hotels: 9 Tips for Early Check-In Hotel Success
- Hotel Overbooking: Why do Hotels Overbook Rooms? (& How to Deal With It)
- Types of Hotels: Complete Glossary of 30+ Hotel Types Terms Defined
- 25+ Types of Hotel Rooms from Singles to Presidential Suites & More
- Vacation Meal Plans: 10+ Hotel & Food Plans Defined (EP, AP, CP & More)
Click below to return to the travel glossary for more travel words and phrases and their definitions.