Wondering about the definition of itinerary? Keep reading to learn the meaning of itinerary, see some examples, and get a better understanding of this travel glossary term!
What is an Itinerary?
An itinerary is the schedule of an entire trip.
An itinerary can be a detailed list of places one would like to see, such as a travel checklist, the actual confirmations of booked travel, or a schedule of events related to the vacation or other type of travel.
More on Itineraries
Back in the day, most travel itineraries were planned in a notebook or a dedicated planner. These days, with modern technology, it is quite common to have your travel itinerary and list of places to go in a digital way, such as in the cloud (accessed via the internet) or on a mobile app.
For more, check out some of our curated country itineraries:
- An Albania Itinerary With the Best Places to Go, Sites to See & More
- A Sweden Itinerary Full of Great Places to Visit & More
- A Denmark Itinerary With Great Things to Do and See
- An Ecuador Itinerary With Interesting Sites & Attractions
- A Slovakia Itinerary: Best Places to Go, Sites to See & More
- An Itinerary of the Best Bulgarian Places to See
- A Georgia (Country) Itinerary With the Top Sites to Visit
- An Angola Itinerary: Best Places to Go, Sites to See & More
Click below to return to the travel glossary for more travel words and phrases and their definitions.