Wondering about the definition of geotourism? Keep reading to learn the meaning of geotourism, see some examples, and get a better understanding of this travel glossary term!
What is Geotourism?
Geotourism is a kind of travel with a focus on geology and nature. Money is often spent discerningly, so that the proceeds return to somehow support the attraction or destination for future travelers.
More on Geotourism
Another definition for geotourism, according to National Geographic, is “tourism that sustains or enhances the distinctive geographical character of a place – its environment, heritage, aesthetics, culture, and the well-being of its residents.”
See also: Ecotourism.
- Four Ways to Reduce the Carbon in Your Food Basket
- What is the Driest Place on Earth? It Might Not Be Where You Think
- Adventure Travel – Glossary Definition
- Responsible Tourism – Glossary Definition
- Sustainable Tourism – Glossary Definition
Click below to return to the travel glossary for more travel words and phrases and their definitions.