Holding Pen


Holding Pen definition: get a summary, overview, and a better understanding of this airport slang term in the Dauntless Jaunter Travel Glossary.

Updated: 2017-12-07.
The holding pen is airport slang for the waiting area at an airport gate where passengers wait prior to boarding the aircraft.

Holding pens probably stem from flight attendants using the same analogies to refer to passengers, such as gate lice and kettle class (cattle class).

For more like this, check out our post on airport lingo.

Categories: Air Travel Terms
« Back to Glossary Index
Join the discussion

Dauntless Jaunter